Green light on MagSafe on but won't turn on! Screen just black.
I am going to sound super dramatic here so you can all understand the gravity of my situation. I am on a remote island in the Virgin Islands (ok can't complain about that) and today I went to turn on my computer it is just black and wouldn't boot.
This computer was bought in June 2015 so there really shouldn't be a problem. The thing is there is no apple service on any near island and no Apple Store unless I go to Miami most likely so that is not an option and sending it off is also not an option as mail is so slow here.
I am a writer so this is basically the worst thing that could ever happen to me as I am here to collect my thoughts and finish some articles.
I will try to give you as much info as possible and would appreciate any help at all. I have ordered some precision screwdrivers and I have replaced an harddrive on a iMac before so I am not a complete novice to it all.
Info that could be useful:
- I rarely turn off my computer I usually just turn it to sleep or close it
- the days prior to this it started getting very hot when using it especially if I was transferring files so closed many applications and it was better but this never happened back home
- I am using a power adaptor as the computer was bought in UK and now I am in the USVI.
- I went to start it and it didn't work at all just black, no sound, no light.
- the light on the MagSafe was orange and then when I tried resetting the SMC it went green briefly and then went back to orange.
- now it is green all the time for some reason but still won't turn on.
- I've tried so the power works, resetting the smc etc. Just haven't opened as I don't have the correct screwdriver but would need more info what to look at.
HELP ME! It is super crucial for my work that this is fixed and I am here for another month so don't have many options really.