Перейти к основному содержанию

A baby monitor made by Infant Optics, Inc. The DXR-8 features a 3.5" screen , temperature sensor, night vision, and an interchangeable lens system.

Вопросов 33 Показать все

I need to replace the power cord receiver located in the monitor.

The monitor has a micro USB female receiving port to charge the battery. If I plug in the USB cable just right the battery charges; however, just right means a combination of things including: laying the unit on it's back; placing a 1-2lb item in the USB cord to maintain the charge. It's annoying and I'm highly confident I just need to replace the receiving end of the charger.

Отвечено! Посмотреть ответ У меня та же проблема

Это хороший вопрос?

Оценка 1
1 Комментарий

Did you try it, Joe? We have the same issue over here :-( what was your solution?


Добавить комментарий

Ответов (1)

Выбранное решение


Do you have the skills and tools necessary to perform SMD (Surface Mounted Device) soldering? Usually USB ports are surface mounted onto a pcb, (printed circuit board).

Here is a video which shows how to remove/replace a surface mounted USB port from a pcb.


Although the video is obviously not for your particular device the principle is the same.

You also have to ensure that you get the exact replacement part for your particular port. There are numerous connection/port tethering variations available for micro USB connectors.

Not trying to put you off but if you find doing this a bit daunting, I suggest that you take it to a reputable, professional electronics/computer/mobile phone repair service and ask for a quote. In the end it may be cheaper than doing it yourself. Also they will be responsible if anything goes wrong with the repair.

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 2

4 Комментариев:

One questions, if i want to remove the USB port and connect the electricity directly to the camera... because the port is whats giving me problem, and doing this will be remove the problem,.


I’ve the same issue. I’m comfortable doing it myself, I’ve got the tools to do it, just need the female receiver port replacement part, mine is the old fashion one (I mean not the usb-b or usbc-c ports). can you advise where to buy it?

taking it to a repair shop will cost half the price of a new device, Id rather buys a new one in that case but never will buy infant optics.



Check places such as mouser.com, digikey.com for the connector you want.


Thank you so much for the swift response! by any chance do you know what is the name of this model, its the old fashion one.


Добавить комментарий

Добавьте свой ответ

Joe Ritter будет очень признателен(а).
Статистика просмотров:

За последние 24 час(ов): 1

За последние 7 дней: 8

За последние 30 дней: 42

За всё время: 4,743