I cannot turn on my laptop. What should I replace?
I'm trying to bring back my dead 2010 Macbook Pro 15 for my normal daily usage. So far, I'm thinking of changing the battery and upgrading to SSD. I have already upgraded it to 8GB last time.
I wanna check if this is worth trying because I don't actually know what is the problem with my MBP since it won't start. I was hoping I could get some input from you guys:
- I think the battery doesn't hold charge anymore. When I pressed the battery indicator light, the light is blinking (green colour).
- The charger light is showing green light.
- I left the charger plugged to the MBP and I don't know how but it will turn up but dies 1 second afterwards (I noticed this happened like every 30-40 minutes of being plugged in).
- I tried the PRAM and SMC reset (not sure whether that would help, but I tried it anyway), nothing happen.
- I removed the battery and still it won't start. Looked up online and saw the SMC reset, still it doesn't turn on.
Please advice on whether I should get a replacement battery or my MBP is way beyond saving.