Why does my MacBook Pro always freeze a few minutes after startup?
A few days ago my MBP stopped responding while in use. I restarted it with the power switch and since then it keeps freezing a few minutes after startup. I tried as many things I could as I spend the last few days browsing forums.
- Booting in safe mode it still freezes
- the apple hardware test did not reveal any issue
- booting in recovery mode I checked the disk, the volume appeared to be ok
- in the recovery mode there was the option of reinstalling Lion which I tried unsuccessfully as I would always get a ´unvailable check try again later' message
- with the help of the original installation DVD I reinstalled os 10.6.7 but the problem persisted
- As I had been thinking about upgrading, I replaced the original hd with a new ssd, on which I installed os 10.6.7 from the DVD... still no improvement... still freezing after a couple of minutes(rainbow wheel spinning and mouse still tracking)
So here I am a bit desperate and confused about what to do.
I cannot do any update or download since it will freeze, cannot connect to Apple Store because safari is not updated.
What kind of test could I perform to identify the origin of the problem?
Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance!
Это хороший вопрос?