Why does my screen have ~3/4" brownish shading on both sides?
iMac 24" ECM 2134
- Shows in all brightness and background settings
- Capture screen does not show the brown
- More pronounced discoloration on right side (maybe)
- May be "growing"
- Computer on all time unless away for extended time (rare)
- Use moving screen saver till it goes in sleep mode (3-5 min.)
- Cleaned screen - no difference
- No direct sunlight on computer
- Rest of computer works fine
Thanks for any help!
Это хороший вопрос?
+ very nicely stated question. The capture screen not showing brown limits the problem (GPU is fine). To confirm this please hook it up to an external monitor. Please look on the bottom of your stand to see if this is a 2.4 GHz or 2.8 GHz machine.
* 2.4GHz per "About This Mac"
* Have 2002 13" Dell Inspiron with bad resolution
* Don't think I have the cable to link them.
ALTERNATE: iPad linked to iMac screen (with Splashtop) - No evidence of discoloration.
Richard, is that the Snow Leopard install CD?