Late 2010 MacBook Unibody not powering on...
Hello everyone, I have a Late 2010 Macbook Unibody A1342 that I am trying to resurrect. It was running MacOS High Sierra, 16GB of RAM. I let the battery go too far without replacing it and the computer no longer powered on even with AC adapter plugged in. I know, lapse in judgment.
- I ordered a replacement Newertech battery and decided to upgrade to an SSD hard drive at the same time.
- Tried to power on after installation and nothing happens.
- Magsafe light with the original AC adapter would not come on at all…first I tried another AC Adapter that I knew was working from another computer and the Magsafe light glowed green, but does not change to amber to signify charging is occurring.
- Tried following the procedure for resetting the SMC many times to no avail….tried with the battery in and without. Still no power on.
- Reasoned that it my be the Magsafe DC in board that was faulty….replaced it, still only the green light on the Magsafe cable when connected to the computer.
- Tried “shorting” the power pads on the logic board as a last resort while the Magsafe AC adapter was connected to computer in an effort to power on. Nothing.
I don’t know if there is anything else to try other than replacing the logic board. Any advice?
Это хороший вопрос?