iPod stuck in 'Restoring "iPod" ...' then fails. Help!
I’m guessing the hard drive is dead but wanted to include the situation info here to see if anyone knew better?
- iPod wouldn’t charge
- Wasn’t recognised by itunes/disk utility
- Got it to charge - think it just took a good while
- Reset/disk mode: iPod became recognised by disk utility. Tried to erase with disk utility failed though this made iTunes recognise the iPod again.
- ‘iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes.’
- 1st restore lead to: info: software v 1.1.2
- ‘error 1429’
- ‘iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod.’
- 2nd restore lead to iPod stuck in 'Restoring "ipod" ...'
- Clearlying wasn’t working after an hour, force quit iTunes, reset iPod, Apple logo and the white progress bar looks like its trying to restore then fails. Connect back to itunes then again: ''‘iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod.’''
- 3rd restore ‘“iPod” could not be restored because it is busy’
- 4th restore: restore progress bar goes very fast in iTunes, iPod produces loud clicking goes from ‘synchronising’ to ‘connected’
- then ‘could not be restored because the updater software was busy’
- iPod restarts again with Apple logo and the white progress bar looks like its trying to restore then fails just before its complete.
It’s being a real tease! Is there anything that can be done or is it a solid indicator that the hard drive needs replacing?
If so was thinking of one of these: https://www.iflash.xyz/store/iflash-solo...
My iPod: 6th Gen 80GbMB029 / MB147 128Gb / ~50000 Tracks
Is there any way of knowing whether the battery needs replacing?
If I’m going to open the iPod it makes sense to change it as well?
System information gathered this information:
Product ID: 0x1261
Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)
Serial Number: 000A270013246EB9
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Location ID: 0x14100000 / 10
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 500
Capacity: 79.82 GB (79,824,777,216 bytes)
Removable Media: Yes
Detachable Drive: Yes
BSD Name: disk2
Partition Map Type: APM (Apple Partition Map)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported
Capacity: 254 KB (253,952 bytes)
BSD Name: disk2s1
Capacity: 79.82 GB (79,824,453,632 bytes)
File System: HFS+
BSD Name: disk2s2
Diagnostics HD SMARTData test:
Pending Sectors: 9
PowerOn Hours: 131
Temp: Current 29c
Temp: Min 16c
Temp: Max 61c
Это хороший вопрос?