Battery not recognised and SMC issue?
I'm only able to boot up my macbook in safe mode if I tryto boot up it normally then it getting crash also the fan is running every time means when I press the power button the fan start running, I'm not able to see battery icon in menu bar and battery indicator is not working…..
I tried all trouble shooting steps like NVRAM or PRAM reset and SMC reset…when I did apple hardware test then I got PPT001 & PFM001 error code……I also tried to remove the battery cable for 30 sec and then reconnect it but this also not work for me….
This problem happen to start when I was cleaning my macbook with cleaning liquid, I frequently (once in 3 months) clean my macbook with liquid since I purchased (2015) but never got this type of issue…I spray liquid on cotton cloth then I clean my macbook so the chance of liquid damage is less and suppose if liquid is split on my macbook then that will be very very less (2 or 3 drops) I don't think these amount of liquid can damage my mother board because there was much protection inside keyboard for liquid damage…
I visited near by Apple store and they said that mother board has to be replaced without checking my machine……please help me because I love my macbook and also care it….. macbook has changed my life completely and I want my macbook in well condition please provide me help…..I don't want to loose my macbook at any cost
I found something at DC in board, looks like corrosion...is this is responsible for the issue ?
MagSafe after cleaning
Keyboard and back light cable remove
Battery icon back
For all the people I want to say, if you think you macbook is not working or you have liquid damage then before going to apple store follow this steps….
- Reset your NVRAM or PRAM. Shut down your Mac and press power button and immediately press Command+Option/alt+P+R
- Reset your SMC (different macbook has different methods, check on internet for your macbook)
- Do AHT(Apple Hardware Test). Shut down your Mac and immediately press D button. This will check your hardware and tell you results if you have any hardware issue, you will get an error code…search it on internet
- Open your macbook back case and remove the battery connector for 2 min then put it back and check your Mac is working or not
- Remove battery indicator cabe and check your Mac is working or not
- Remove battery connector and press the power button for 10 sec and connect your magSafe charger by holding power button
- Start removing each cables like hard drive, battery, keyboard, trackpad etc. and check your Mac one by one this will tell you if you have any issue with other components other than mother board
- If still your Mac is not working then surely there is an issue with mother board…..take your Mac to apple store and Pray for it because in most of the cases they say replacement of mother board which is very very expensive equivalent to purchase new Mac………Good Luck