*Z50-75 not Z70-80* Computer turns on, but black screen, fan runs fast
*No option for Z50-75 so I had to choose Z70-80*
I’ve had this problem for a couple of years now, either I’ll try to fix it or sell it but I just can’t seem to find the reason for this happening.
Problem: I tried turning on my Lenovo Z50-75 one day and all I would get is a black screen and the fans running really fast, blowing out a lot of air. I’ve tried multiple things but had no result.
I know that there nothing wrong with the screen because when I would turn it on previously the webcam light (the LED which would turn on when the webcam was active) would blink at startup but now with it doing this it doesn’t turn on at all, I just get a non-working black screen with a two second pause before the fans go turbo mode.
- Switched out each RAM sticks before completely changing the RAM sticks
- Taking out the battery and just using the charger to turn it on
- Plugging in HDMI into an external TV and then monitor
- Letting it charge for at least 10 hours with it running, then leaving it to charge without it running
- Changed the HDD multiple times with different Windows/Linux operating systems
- Format HDD to try reinstall Windows on the original HDD
- Hard restart the laptop - take battery/charger out and keep the power button pushed for 30 seconds
- Taken out the fan and given it a good clean
If I don’t hard restart it then when I turn it on, it would straight away turn on the fans but if I did a hard restart it then it would wait 2-3 seconds before the fans came on and maybe give it a chance to come on.
Sometimes in the past, if I hard restarted it, it would turn on occasionally but it would be very slow and crash after an hour or so of usage then it would repeat with the fans and black screen problem. If I sometimes mess with it by changing around the RAM sticks it would sometimes work but now it doesn’t do that anymore
I’ve had a problem trying to the back frame off after unscrewing all the screws. I’m afraid if I try anymore it’ll most likely break so I can’t get to anything inside, I wanted to try change the thermal paste but I can’t get into it. I just have access to the battery/wifi card/RAM/HDD/fan
Это хороший вопрос?