Why is my eps light on
My eps light has come on how do I turn it off
Although I understand wanting to turn off an annoying warning light, it's there for a reason. In this case it's trying to tell you there's something wrong with your electric power steering system and that you should find out what the problem is.
But to address your question, there's an article on axleaddict.com about Honda EPS systems that has the information you're looking for.
Resetting Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) Related to the EPS System
If the car's CPU can't be activated when the EPS light comes on, the DTC is not memorized. If the code is not memorized, the EPS light stays on. Codes memorized cannot be erased by disconnecting the battery. Codes 22, 23, 64, and 66 will remain memorized after the ignition is turned off and the EPS is turned off. Thus, if the fault is a Torque Sensor, for example, you cannot clear it simply by turning off the engine.
Here is a way to try to remove the code that is stored in the system:
- You can turn the steering wheel 45 degrees to the left from a straight position.
- Then turn the ignition to ON. The EPS light should come on for 4 seconds and then go off.
- Immediately, when the EPS light comes off, return to the straight position. The EPS should come on again.
- Immediately, turn the wheel 45 degrees to the left, and the EPS should go off after 4 seconds.
- Immediately, return the wheel to the straight position, and after 4 seconds the EPS light should blink twice. If there is no blinking, that means the code remains.
Был ли этот ответ полезен?
За последние 24часов: 4
За последние 7 дней: 42
За последние 30 дней: 268
За всё время: 2,828