The good news is that my phone works fine. And it now has some battle scars that make it look like I repaired it. Let’s be honest: bragging rights are half the reason we tried this instead of buying a new phone anyway. My camera and flash still work, though the latter needed its lens glued separately.
The bad news is that I broke my glass. I started from the corner away from the camera, and about halfway along the width of the phone, the glass utterly shattered. It stayed together, so its coating worked. I used some scotch tape to further control the shards, and i slid a small flathead along under the top and bottom edges to scrape the glue. I think that would have been my technique in the first place if i had x-ray vision. I also would have started camera-side.
I think my mistake was not maintaining heat while prying. The glass started hot, but when it broke it was barely warm to the touch. I think If I had kept it hot, it would have been more flexible.
Best of luck, everybody.
Однажды Они, Вы смогут просмотреть график вашего рейтинга, накопленного за всё время.
Репутация еще не заработана.