I had no issues using the iOpener, though full disclosure the back of my S8 had almost completely separated from the body due to a ballooning battery, hence the reason for this repair.
Replacing the battery on the S8 takes waaaaay longer than the 20 minutes - 1 hour indicated. Start to finish it took me about 6 hours. Scraping off the old adhesive is incredibly tedious and time consuming. Additionally, lining up the new adhesive just right is very tricky, as you only get one shot at it. Once it’s on there’s no adjusting it. That plus the many trips back and forth to the microwave with the iOpener really adds up.
I spent an entire Sunday afternoon replacing my battery, but the result was perfect so I guess I can’t complain.
I followed the directions and heated my iOpener for 30 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave, and it came out at 160 degrees F, as verified by a infrared thermometer. A second heating about 15 minutes later in the micro and it came out at 190 degrees F. Plenty hot enough to soften the adhesive for removing the back on my S8. Based on the comments above I think people just need to use more patience.
The directions mention that the adhesive can be repositioned if it’s not aligned correctly. This was definitely not the case for me. Once I put the adhesive onto the battery, I noticed it was slightly off, so I tried to lift it up to reposition it, and it ended up stretching and then getting crumpled. Not too big a deal for the battery, but could be an issue for the case.
This was quite easy for me, compared to the experience of others. I heated the iOpener for 30 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave, which brought it up to about 165 degrees F. I let it sit on the battery just like the directions indicated, for about 15 minutes. I tried to pry the battery up with an opening pick, but no dice. I reheated the iOpener for another 30 seconds, and it came out at about 192 degrees F, due to it being heated only about 15 minutes before. I let it sit for another 10 minutes on the battery or so. Then was able to work an opening pick under the battery from the bottom side of the phone, as indicated in the directions. It did require some force and sort of working the pick back and forth, but it went right under, and then I was able to pull it out the rest of the way with my fingers. Total time to remove the battery was about 30 minutes, including time spent heating the battery with the iOpener.
I followed the directions and heated my iOpener for 30 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave, and it came out at 160 degrees F, as verified by a infrared thermometer. This allowed me to separate the last bit of the back of my Samsung S8, which was already coming off due to a swollen battery (hence the reason for the repair).
Однажды Они, Вы смогут просмотреть график вашего рейтинга, накопленного за всё время.