Screen not working. What to look for inside?
My MacBook got a small impact, and since then the screen has not been working.
1. The chime/sound plays, but the Apple logo does not appear and the screen remains black.
2. When I plug in an external monitor using HDMI the Apple logo and login screen appears, but when I log in, it freezes during load.
3. When it freezes during load, the actual screen on the MB Pro lights up (lit up black, as opposed to before which was just nothing).
4. Booting in safe mode, I was able to get past login screen and in to OS X on the external monitor.
5. Booting in recovery mode, I was able to re-install El Capitan (using external monitor), but it does not improve.
Probably a cable inside has just gone loose, right? I just bought a screwdriver set to open it, but I am not sure what to look for, or where to look.
Thanks in advance.