Unresponsive/laggy touch screen after replacing front assembly
I recently replaced the front assembly/screen on my iPhone6 and have been having some issues with the touch screen. The digitizer becomes unresponsive or lags behind touch input.
Some examples of the issue:
- keyboard buttons don't fire (especially keys at the edge of the screen)
- Keys will lag and then fire multiple times (e.g., Backspace key will start deleting text long after I attempted to remove characters)
- Scroll becomes jittery and/or completely unresponsive
My attempts at fixing this issue:
- Locking and unlocking the screen when the touch screen starts to act up has no effect
- Restarting the phone has also been unsuccessful in fixing the problem, as the behavior returns shortly after boot
- reinstalling iOS (thought it might have been a software bug)
- reinstalling the front assembly; disconnecting and reconnecting the cables
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Should I attempt to clean up the cables with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil that might have gotten inside the phone during installation?
Is there any app that I can use to see how my phone is registering touch events?
Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
Это хороший вопрос?