Перейти к основному содержанию

Отремонтируйте ваше устройство

Обучение ремонту

Магазин

Repair and disassembly guides for Kenmore Microwaves.

182вопросов Показать все

My microwave just stopped. The outlet is getting power. No light?

It is a Kenmore model 721.89941490. Above range style. I am wondering if it can be a fuse. We have had no problems until now.

Отвечено! View the answer У меня та же проблема

Это хороший вопрос?

Оценка 10

Комментарии:

It has no power to the clock, or power pad.

из

I just bought my oster microwave and there is no power what so ever.

Can anyone help me solve

из

kimnrhoades, in order to help you solve the problem it would be best to give more information. Is it new? Is it second hand? Have you checked to see if there is power to the sock that you have the microwave plugged into?

из

What could be the fault if microwave keep cutting off fuse immediately it pick?

из

I have a kitchen aid under Cabinet microwave and replaced all 3 bulbs it was working before I did so but as soon as I placed the one inside and plugged it back in and as soon as I opened it there's nothing it's like a fuse blew,is that possible

из

Показать 4 больше комментариев

Добавить комментарий

7 Ответов

Выбранное решение

These things will kill you. I don't recommend trying to fix it. I wouldn't even try to fix my own. Either get a new one (they're relatively cheap now) or call a serviceman. Your fuse has probably blown out but there's a reason it did so please don't mess with it.

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 5

Комментарии:

Absolutely agree. That stuff you don't want to mess with.

из

Thank you. I think you offered the best advice of all. I do know enough about electricity not to touch anything I don't understand. I'll simply heat foods and coffee the old fashioned way - on the stove or in the oven - until I save up for a new microwave.

из

go to back inside where the cord meets from inside to out. There inside next to relay will be a ceramic fuse. Most likely that's your culprit if it just doesn't show any power going to it

из

Добавить комментарий
Наиболее полезный ответ

Although I agree with not touching anything inside the unit a fuse replacement is an easy fix. on most microwaves all you do is remove the cabinet and you should see the fuse in the open. use a fuse removal tool and replace it with the same voltage and amp fuse. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE!!!! The capacitor inside the has enough voltage up to 300 volts to deliver a good zap. The magnatron from what I understand will kill you.

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 6
Добавить комментарий

It is difficult to give an exact answer from your question since more information is needed. To narrow the fault down a technician will make a number of observations and tests. You have made a start but here are a few more:

  1. Is the display indicating anything? Since you outlet is working it is therefore a fault in the microwave.
  2. Unplug the microwave and remove the covers. There is usually no safely issues in working on an unplugged microwave except that on very rare occasions the high voltage capacitor may remain charged. Shorting it is a quick indication whether is charged and will also make it safe.
  3. Check the main fuse (usually located on a circuit board where the power cable terminates.
  4. If it is blown there would be any number of causes including a power surge, faulty door switches, etc. A technician will be able to determine the cause.

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 3

Комментарии:

I unplugged mine let it sit 10 min plug it back in and in3 min it lit up and is fine. Kinda like when your dish or cable goes down. It need a reboot

из

Did not have sparks or any blown fuses.

из

There wouldn't be a so called spark from a blown fuse because it's a ceramic fuse which would just break.

из

Добавить комментарий

Have this unit and has been a good unit till last night. I can turn the unit on, all lights work, fan seems to be working, but it is sounding very strange. Last night sparks started flying out of the side vents. Upon opening the unit, you could smell something was burning. Obvously it is not working. I assume it is either the magnitron or the transformer. Is there any way to tell? It looks like I can replace both parts for about $120 or I can purchase a similar unit for $350. The problem is the new units are larger and will require some modification of the space in the kitchen. Should I:

A). Take it to a service repari shop and see what they would charge to fix it?

B). Order the parts and replace them myself, but from reading above that looks dangerous

C). Throw the damed thing away and cut my losses?

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 1

Комментарии:

Everything works in my microwave except not able to heat anything.What is recommendation

из

wotrubadick, if you see this (which you probably wont) Get a new microwave.

из

wotrubadick, if you are a technician check the HV fuse, HV cap, and check for shorts from magnetron filament to ground. If you are not a technician take it to to a business or a technician for repair.

из

Cameron, the idea here is to fix things rather than to discard them.

из

He asked THREE questions and Cameron told him one. The idea is to do what's best Einstein

из

Добавить комментарий

I would bet the number of non-qualified people that have repaired or attempted to repair their microwave is easily in the tens if thousands. Yet I have never heard of a single death. Relax people.

Microwave working but not heating: Most likely the magnetron is bad. I wouldn't recommend replacing this part unless you actually know what a capacitor is and how to discharge one.

No power at all: Most likely the internal fuse. As previously mentioned above, follow the power cord into circuit board. Check ceramic fuse with an ohm meter if possible or just replace it. Replace it with the EXACT SAME fuse that you took out. It is possible that it took a surge and blew. It is perfectly safe to replace.

Internet search for your make and model, there are a lot of parts, schematics and diagrams available. Obviously buy from a reputable retailer.

NEVER EVER run a microwave without all the covers in place. The covers can possibly be shielded and that is what prevents actual microwaves from escaping into you, your family, friends and your pets.

So honestly, if my microwave had a blown fuse and I trashed it for a new one I would feel like I traded in my car because the battery was dead. We all need to minimize our disposable habits. Stay safe and use common sense.

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 1
Добавить комментарий

B.

Let me know the outcome please..

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 0

Комментарии:

THe microwave is emitting heat but nothing is on

из

Добавить комментарий

I did the same thing put potatoes stop working

Был ли этот ответ полезен?

Оценка 0

Комментарии:

We have brand new Kenmore microwave. It works fine for almost 1.5 years and now we cant use it. The light and vent are working but we hit start button to heat food, power goes off. Tried it several times, and our panel break goes off. What should we do?

из

If you have familiarity with repairing electrical products you could attempt a repair. If you don't then take it in for repair. The fault could be caused by a number of components namely a door switch, HV capacitor, or transformer/inverter.

из

Добавить комментарий

Добавьте свой ответ

Bonnie Hammack будет вечно благодарен.
Просмотр статистики:

За последние 24часов: 18

За последние 7 дней: 107

За последние 30 дней: 642

За всё время: 172,105