compatible logic boards late 2011 and mid 2012 model A1286
Is it possible to replace the late 2011 MacBook Pro 15" logicboard 2.4 GHz i7 with the mid 2012 MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz i7 board? Any experience shared on this subject would grately appreciated.
Specifications shows difference:
- 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0
GPU difference as below:
- 2.4 GHz A1286 Early 2011 to Late 2011
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 (384 MB shared)
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1 GB dedicated)
- 2.7 GHz A1286 Mid 2012
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (384 MB shared)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (1 GB dedicated)
A person already answered parts of different years cannot be swapped (thanks, originalmachead ...just curious if someone actually tried)
Still looking for a way to upgrade my old MBP (make it turn on again as it got more issues than just logic board)
Это хороший вопрос?