CPU, NVMe and HDD replacements, questions
I have the 5k iMac 2019, it is the MRR12B/A 3.7Ghz i5 version with a 2TB fusion drive. I plan to fit a 9900k and if possible, fit a NVMe SSD in there, but I have a few questions.
- First of all, do the adhesive screen strips from the 2017 version fit this model? If not, where can I get the correct ones, please? (Edit: found the answer to this on here, it seems they are the same)
- Does this model have a working NVMe slot?
- If there is a working NVMe slot, can it accept, say a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe SSD, I already have one of these, would it need some kind of adapter? If so, please can someone let me know which one?
- Can the 2TB fusion drive be left in place and used as a storage drive, or am I better off picking up a decent 3.5” drive, or even a 2.5” drive + adapter?
- If I change the fusion drive for another, do I need some kind of diode to stop the fans spinning up? if so, can anyone point me in the right direction to buy this please?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)
Это хороший вопрос?