Overheating capacitor on logic board, not turning on.Possible reasons?
Recently my father tried to turn on his MacBook Air 13” Early 2014 MD760LL after leaving it for charging, and it did not turn on anymore. There was no physical or liquid damage. I tried battery and SMC reset, but it didn’t solve the problem. When connected to power, orange light is on whole time.
I disassembled the case and found out capacitor is overheating and smells burned when board connected to power (after some time smell goes away). But visually it looks fine, no burned signs on the whole board. In schematic book I found this capacitor is called C7323 (pics below, where I marked exact one in case I took wrong pdf). I think, it is one of the first capacitors in line after power input from io board (I’m not really good at schema reading), because it is physically positioned close to it.
It would be great if somebody could say possible reason and what to look at. I have multimeter, so can check something. Hope it is some common thing :)
Это хороший вопрос?