questions about using the JC V1SE Programmer
just unpacked my JC V1SE - very excited.
will spend some time figuring out how to use it properly, but have some initial questions. hoping some of the seasoned pro's can help me out.
1) the unit can be run off of a iphone 6s battery. i tried 7 different older batteries but i couldn't keep the battery connector in the socket. once connected, as soon as i released pressure it popped out. is the battery the only way to power it, or can i the USB-C port at the bottom of the unit to supply power? I did connect the included USB-A to USB-C cable between the laptop and the programmer and it did power up.
2) if the USB-C port can be used to power the programmer for operational use, is the laptop the only method (because of the lower amperage)? can i use a 1A (iphone) or 2.1A (ipad) wall-wart/AC charger? or is that pushing too much juice through it?
3) i see in forums and videos that there are windows drivers and windows software that can be used in conjunction with the programmer. is this required? or can the V1SE be used as a stand-alone tool to do component reprogramming?
4) dumb question, but going to ask so i don't have to assume.... the USB A port on the top is to plug in an iphone via the phone's lightning port. the USB C port on the bottom is strictly for providing power to the unit and is not for any sort of data exchange. is this all correct?
5) regarding reprogramming battery SN, can OEM apple batteries have their SN re-written? or is only 3rd party batteries that can have their data changed? and once a component has has its SN reprogrammed, can it ever be reprogrammed again?
6) i've read that it's only JC type home buttons that can be reprogrammed. i've only worked with two different ones, v3 and v8.1. will one or the other or both work with the reprogramming? has anyone had any experience or success with reprogramming the YF type or even Apple OEM buttons?
thanks for your time and info.