Screen backlight works but no image
My father’s MacBook Pro display is not displaying any image. It happened when he opened the laptop and suddenly the picture was gone.
A couple of points.
- The backlight is working fine and I can adjust the brightness.
- Connecting the external monitor works.
- I’ve opened it up twice and disconnected/reconnected the display cables (as far as I know, the right cables). I did not clean the contact pins or anything like that.
- I’ve tried the reset PRAM/NVRAM and SMC.
- Starting up in diagnostic mode doesn’t help as it doesn’t work with external displays.
- I managed to reinstall a clean version of macOS by booting into recovery mode, having the screen open 5-10mm, and squeezing my little finger between the display and touch bar to navigate through the install process, not a fun time.
This happened literally a week after the warranty expired.
edit - video as requested
Это хороший вопрос?