I’m glad others have had success sticking things in their jacks to fix this issue—that’s worked for me a couple times but the jack still gets stuck eventually even though I never insert a headphone plug. Finally I came across a real solution at this thread. It’s a very iFixit-style fix, as you should definitely do it with at least a boardview for your computer and only if you’re confident you know what you’re doing, but if done right it’s actually the perfect solution.
Since what I propose below is a permanent, hardware-level fix, also look earlier in the thread I linked to find dondavanzo’s software solution. It didn’t work for me, but if it works for you it’s easier, more elegant, and reversible, so worth a shot before going further. The VoodooHDA kext for hackintoshes can force the audio codec to ignore the presence of an optical plug and give you normal behavior switching only between headphones and speakers.
By removing a resistor (or inductor, depending on your exact model - my comment over on the macrumors thread specifies) from the circuit that detects as SPDIF optical plug, you completely disable the digital output. So, you can still use the headphone jack without worrying about the switch getting stuck, and unplugging headphones will seamlessly switch back to internal speakers. I triple and quadruple-checked to make sure I had found the proper resistor (R6805 on A1286 models with board 820-3330-B; my educated guess without having an A1502 model in front of me is either L6607 or L6608), then it took less than a minute to scrape off the tiny SMD resistor with an exacto knife. Obviously, if you ever need to use SPDIF, this won’t work; but, if you use SPDIF, you probably know what you’re doing and can figure something else out.
Был ли этот ответ полезен?
I had this issue after buying a blackbook a1181 with a broken optical jack stuck in the port,
After removing it I found the port was pretty much ruined (headphones kind of worked but sketchy) and also had the optical audio light on and system speakers was not an option .
I tried the following
-Toothpick to unstick the switch
-Alcohol to remove corrosion/dust
-Custom Midi option as an output
-Blowing with all my might
-Seeing if there was a software workaround (heads up: there wasn’t)
-Repeatedly inserting and removing a jack.
What I finally found to work was twisting up some strong tissue paper and inserting as much as physically possible until it was rock hard when the internal speakers option finally came back
The problem came back with the tissue removed so I just further pushed it in with a screwdriver, cut off the excess and sharpied over it,
Yeah I lost the aux port now but my internal speakers are working now and who uses an aux port these days anyway as I still have Bluetooth and USB.