Background and Identification
Troy-Bilt is a company that produces powered gardening equipment. Their first product in 1937 was a residential rototiller. Since then, their line of products has expanded to a range of power tools for gardening, including snow blowers, tillers, trimmers, lawn mowers, and more. The brand was acquired in 2001 by MTD Products, an American power tool manufacturer. They continue to manufacture gardening power tools as of 2020.
Troy-Bilt offers two different types of lawn mower: walk behind and riding mowers. Riding mowers like this one are usually much larger than walk-behinds. This type of lawn mower is a newer invention, and they are extremely efficient for mowing large grassy spaces. Riding mowers have a seat and directional controls similar to a car, and a motor that pushes the machine forward. All the operator has to do is steer, and the riding mower can cover a huge area of lawn with very little effort from the user. In the Pony 42 riding mower, there is a 439cc gasoline engine that powers the three cutting modes of this mower. This model can be identified by the Pony 42 lettering on the side of the mower, near the headlights.
- Dimensions L/W/H: 67.2”(L) x 51.95”(W) x 39.75”(H)
- Model Number: 13AB77BS023
- Engine Displacement: 439cc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.36 gal.
- Engine Oil Capacity: 1.3 qts.
- Charging System: 3.75 amp regulated
- Choke: Auto-Choke
- Air Filter: Dual element
- Oil Filter: Yes
- Battery: 12V 150 cold crank amps
- Transmission: 7-speed
- Forward Speed: 5.5 MPH
- Reverse Speed: 2.5 MPH
- Deck Cutting Width: 42"
- Cutting Modes: Discharge/mulch/bagging
- Blade(s): 2
- Deck Lift: Lever
- Cutting Height Range: 1.5" - 4"
- Deck Positions: 5 positions
- Turning Radius: 18"
- Front Tires: 15"x6"-6"
- Rear Tires: 20"x8"-8"
- Brakes: Automotive-style disc
- Steering Control: Steering Wheel